If you’re considering opening your dream there are many questions you should ask yourself. One easier startup for many is to buy a franchise. It’s often a package that includes most of the startup details worked out.
Here are some of the pro’s of buying a franchise:
- business plan
- menu, advertising, suppliers all arranged
- brand recognition, possible client base already exists
- a lot of the kinks have been worked out
- staffing, scheduling and other HR help
- built in support like: accountant, legal services
Here are some of the cons:
- monthly franchise fee
- possible monthly advertising fee
- suppliers may be higher
- credit card processing may be higher
- lack of creativity on menu
- you may be able a similar concept for a fraction of the franchise cost
Please search our other STARTUP articles on why you should open an existing restaurant or start a new concept for more great information for the startup entrepreneur. One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment- we’re building the dream, because that is what we do!