A commercial flat griddle is one of the most versatile pieces of restaurant equipment in the kitchen. With the proper cleaning, a flat griddle can remain looking like new years into its service life. Here are some cleaning tips, courtesy of One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment, to ensure your commercial flat griddle remains sparkling for a very long time.
• Be sure that the flat griddle is completely turned off and cooled off before cleaning.
• Remove the grease trap
• Using a metal scraper or spatula, scrape the surface of the grill to remove cooked-on debris.
• Take a damp cloth and wipe away the residue.
• To remove remaining grime and built up muck, use abrasive pads or grill bricks. Some newer models require a special brush to clean them. A special griddle cleaner or soapy water can also be used.
• Use a dry, absorbent cloth to clean the grill surface.
• To clean the controls, spray a mild cleaner or soapy water and wipe them clean. Be sure to clean the outer surfaces this way as well.
• Dampen a cloth with some vinegar and club soda, then wipe the grill’s surface with the cloth.
One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment carries a variety of used and new commercial flat griddles from trusted brands like Vulcan, Wolf, American Range, and more. If you’re interested in an affordable flat griddle, head into our Orlando warehouse and check out the selection.
One Fat Frog • 2416 Sand Lake Road • Orlando, FL 32809 • 407-480-3409