Social media has altered the way customers (or, “followers”) are able to decide on their next meal. In particular, the food truck industry heavily depends on social media (Facebook, Twitter) to help customers locate the trucks and identify with their brand. This new element of the food industry transforms the market and how you market your business, products, and services.
Here’s a look, courtesy of One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment, at some food truck “follower” traits that every food truck owner should be aware of:
• HYPER-CONNECTIVITY: the smartphone is the sidekick of the modern food truck follower. More than a phone, the food truck follower treats a smartphone as a pocket-size knowledge database.
• HYPER-COMMUNICATION: social media gives your customers the opportunity to have complete access to the opinions, reviews, and experiences of their friends, family, and ANYONE who has visited your food truck and decided to comment about it online. Customers care about what other people think of your food truck and a dissatisfied customer is more likely to sound off than a satisfied one.
• HYPER-RESEARCH: online review sites such as Yelp, Foursquare, Google Places, and more offer patrons the ability to sound off praises, complaints about your food truck’s cuisine, service, appearance, and the overall presentation for potential customers to read and examine. A customer can talk about ANYTHING in their online review of your food truck – a crucial element to always be aware of. Treat every customer like a professional food critic.
• HYPER-SHARING: it’s typical for food truck customers to use a variety of websites to research your food truck and SHARE their opinion of your food. It’s a scary thought, but the wonderful thing is that you have the opportunity to respond to every negative and positive remark. If a customer posts a complaint to a review site, you can respond accordingly and much faster than ever before.
• HYPER-ENGAGEMENT: due to the real-time nature of social media and the online world in general, many food truck customers EXPECT you to respond to their complaints, questions, and comments in a prompt manner.
The whole concept of social media and everyone being an online food critic can be a bit daunting, but don’t let it get the best of you. As long as you perform focused research, plan out a strong social media strategy, and make a dedicated effort ton your part to interact with customers on an online level then you should have no problem turning them into loyal customers. The best way to stay on top of this is to listen to your customers and observe people who hang around your truck long enough to finish the meal they purchased.
If you are ever in need of commercial food truck equipment, then head into One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment! We have a varying selection of high quality food truck equipment all at the most affordable prices around! One Fat Frog also provides free delivery to nearly the entire state of Florida, free gas conversion, free custom cutting boards, and free custom paint jobs on any pieces of commercial food truck equipment that can be painted!
One Fat Frog • 2416 Sand Lake Road • Orlando, FL 32809 • 407-480-3409