Choosing the right name for your food truck may not make or break your business, but it can have a huge impact on your success. Figuring out your food truck’s name is one of the first steps in branding your business – a great name makes a great brand. Your food truck’s name should be memorable and instantly create a feeling when heard.
The food truck name will create a first impression on people and frequently a patron will walk up to your service window based on the truck’s name alone. If you’re new to the area, your name is even more crucial to establishing your identity.
So how do you pick the right name and commit to it? Here are several tips on how to create the perfect food truck name for your brand, courtesy of One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment:
• BRAINSTORM: keep in mind how you want to people to react and feel when they hear the name. Write down a list of emotions and reactions you are going for.
• RELATE: keep in mind related words and phrases that muster up the feelings you want. Dig into that old college thesaurus if you like and identify the synonyms for all of the words on your list from step one.
• RELATE FURTHER: this is the part where you should really flex your imagination. Look at your list of words and think about colors, flowers, animals, etc. that relate to those words. If you’re going to be serving ethnic food, think about the translation of those words in the native language of your dishes.
• EXPERIMENT: toy around with combinations of your list of words and partial words. Don’t start judging your words just yet, simply make the list.
• REFLECT: review your list and reflect on each name. Think about how you feel when you hear it.
Remember that your name should be a reflection of what your business and food truck is all about. A name may sound cool or funny, but if it doesn’t express what you’re all about, scrap it. The name should convey to patrons what they can expect when they walk up to your service window.
Once you have narrowed your list of names down, run the ideas by your family and friends and have them tell you what images the names evoke in their heads. Ask them what they would expect based on the names? Scarp any names that conjure up the wrong images.
Also keep in mind that you want your name to be memorable and easy to remember. Choosing the right name is also largely a matter of personal preference. Some folks may want to include their own name, their location, their location’s history, etc. No matter what, always keep in mind that you’re creating a new brand. The name needs to be memorable and possess positive connotations.
And when you’re ready to purchase the equipment for your food truck, head into One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment and let us help you save! We have a large, varying selection of used commercial equipment perfect for any food truck, regardless of the name!
One Fat Frog • 2416 Sand Lake Road • Orlando, FL 32809 • 407-480-3409