Deciding on the food concept for your Gainesville food truck is one of the most important things you will think about! I don’t mean to sound drastic, but c’mon – without a proper food concept you’ll be sitting on the side of some Gainesville road with no customers. Here are some things to keep in mind when deciding on the food concept for your Gainesville food truck, courtesy of One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment
• Have a unique concept: be sure that your idea for your Gainesville food truck is different from the concepts behind other Gainesville food trucks and Gainesville brick-and-mortar restaurants. For example, if there are five Mexican food trucks in your area, you do not want to go with a Mexican concept. If you do decide to go with an already popular concept, make sure you offer something that separates you from the pack.
• Make sure your concept is easy to understand: sure you want to differentiate yourself from the pack, you also don’t want to be so different that people can’t understand your concept.
• Stick to one basic cuisine: focus your Gainesville food truck on a specific style of cuisine for your concept. This will allow you to fill your menu with satisfying items that you can consistently produce to a high standard.
• Keep up with current food trends: stay up-to-date with the mobile food industry not just in Gainesville but also around the nation! Just don’t hold to these trends for your overall concept, because as everyone knows, food trends come and go.
• Get inspired by others: don’t be afraid to be inspired by someone’s idea and make it better. Typically, industry etiquette is not to rip off and completely duplicate another food truck’s concept. Instead, pay homage to those Gainesville food trucks who have come before you.
• Make sure you have the necessary staff or culinary skills: If you decide to go for a concept you have no experience with, make sure you hire someone with the appropriate skills. For example, if you decide to go with a Mexican concept, be sure you or someone on your staff has a background preparing quality Mexican food.
• Think about the Gainesville location where you want to set up shop: Plan on matching your concept with a demographic.
Once you have your Gainesville food truck concept locked down, head into One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment for all of your Gainesville food truck equipment needs! We have a varying stock of high quality food truck equipment – no matter what kind of concept you decided on, One Fat Frog Food Truck Equipment has got the equipment you need all at affordable prices.
The One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment financing plan applies to Gainesville food truck equipment! One Fat Frog qorks with start up food trucks and established folks as well. Read more about the One Fat Frog Gainesville food truck financing plan here: https://restaurantequipmenttogo.com/finance-lease/
One Fat Frog • 2416 Sand Lake Road • Orlando, FL 32809 • 407-480-3409