Holidays and big events are excellent reasons to head out for a night on the town. We just had Super Bowl Sunday and a Valentine’s Day, but there’s another holiday in the first quarter of the year that is definitely worth getting out for an evening: St. Patrick’s Day.
Now, over time, we’ll be telling you about more specific events as we get closer to March 17, but until then, you can’t go wrong by planning on visiting an Irish pub. If you live around Orlando, there are plenty of options of where to visit. Here are five Irish pubs literally chosen at random that could be possible destinations for St. Patrick’s Day:
1. Harp and Celt Restaurant and Irish Pub: located in downtown Orlando, Harp and Kelt offers up Irish dishes and a great drink selection, but they also once served the president a pint of Guinness. And by president, I mean of the United States.
2. Raglan Road Irish Pub: a Downtown Disney establishment, Raglan Road wants you to just call it “Ireland.” Irish food, a great drink selection, and live entertainment featuring an Irish band and dancer…perhaps you should call it “Ireland.”
3. Pat O’Brien’s: one of the premier bars in Orlando, Pat O’Brien’s provides a great night on any night at Universal Citywalk. This bar is also a live piano bar, and if you’ve never been to a live piano bar, then this is a great place to start.
4. Lucky Leprechaun Irish Pub: seriously, can you get a more Irish name? If you want to check out this pub, just head on down to International Drive. There are many great venues on this strip of roadway, but you won’t get more Irish than the Lucky Leprechaun.
5. The Green Bar: for an Irish experience in a more low key atmosphere, you can find the Green Bar in Casselberry. It’s a sports bar with an American-Irish (their emphasis) feel, where you can enjoy tons of sports on nearly 20 HD TV’s, a game of pool, darts, and $4 pints of Guinness, Harp, and Smithwicks.
That’s all for now, but remember, as we get closer to the lucky day, we’ll mention some specific events, but at least you’ve got a nice list to start with. And don’t forget to wear green, or else you be pinched!
One Fat Frog • 2416 Sand Lake rd, Orlando FL, 32809 • 4074803409