Patrons commonly don’t get to see your location’s kitchen. That’s kept behind closed doors, so if there’s a mess or it isn’t being cleaned regularly, they’ll never know. One place you can’t hide you dirty laundry is behind the bar.
At the bar, your patrons are right up front, getting intimate with your sinks, counters, cabinets, coolers, etc. If there’s any sign of mildew, sticky counters, unkempt bottles, etc., how long do you think they’ll stay? And do you think they’ll be coming back?
Creating and implementing a cleaning/sanitation system for your bar staff is essential. Besides the up-close customer view of the bar, that area is subject to health inspections just like any other area of your location. Here are a few bar cleaning and sanitation strategies to keep in mind, courtesy of One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment…
• Bartenders should be constantly washing their hands. They should never mix drinks and then touch the ice scoop without washing their hands first. They should never touch their face and then mix a drink (nose-scratching, etc.).
• No eating behind the bar!
• If a bartender is handling a dirty glass, they should never, ever touch the inside of the glass. It may seem efficient to shove our fingers in four glasses at once, clamp down, and bring them to the sink, but it’s also super gross.
• Develop a rotation system for garnishes and mixes like lime wedges. This goes along with the old FIFO (first in, first out) methodology. Sometimes FIFO at the bar is overlooked because it’s stressed so hard in the kitchen, managers may forget about the perishables at the bar.
• Keep a deep supply of clean towels, bar rags, and sponges in reaching distance of your bartenders and bar staff.
• And, as with any strategy, be sure your staff is aware of cleaning tactics and systems. Beat them over the head with it if you have to.
If any of your bar equipment is beyond cleaning, if mildew and dried syrups have created some kind of symbiotic monstrosity behind the bar, then head into One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment. We’ve got a wealth of used, high quality bar equipment, including kegerators, bottle coolers, back bar coolers, speed rails, commercial refrigeration, etc. We’ve got loads of bar kitchen items as well like fryers, flat griddles, range ovens, broilers, etc. The selection has to be seen to be believed.
With the One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment easy financing plan, you can get everything you need for your bar for cheaper than you thought! We specialize in helping start-ups get off the ground with low monthly payments around $200 to $500 a month, but we work with established bars as well. No problemo. We work with all kinds of credit! This is a great way to build up and maintain your cash flow while also strengthening your personal and business credit! To learn more about our financing program and to download your own application, head over to: http://onefatfrog.com/financing.htm
One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment also welcomes quick cash deals on the entire stock of used bar equipment. No reasonable cash offer will be turned away so come on in and make us one we can’t refuse.
One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment also offers more free delivery than any other dealer in the Sunshine State. We deliver absolutely free to Orlando, Sanford, Lakeland Ocala, Gainesville, the Beaches, Jacksonville, Tampa, Tallahassee, Ft. Myers, Miami, Lake Mary, Melbourne, and more! Call to find out when we’re heading to your neck of the woods again!
One Fat Frog also offer free gas conversion, free custom cutting boards on all used prep tables, and free custom paint jobs on anything that can be painted!
Every piece of used bar equipment that comes through the One Fat Frog Warehouse will be cleaned and vigorously tested by our staff of certified in-house technicians. And as a cherry on top it will come with a 30 day parts and labor warranty.
One Fat Frog • 11473 S. Orange Blossom Trail • Orlando, FL • 407-480-3409
One Fat Frog • 1137 W. Airport Blvd. • Sanford, FL • 407-936-2733
NEW LOCATION! ONE FAT FROG NOW AT:
2416 Sand Lake Road • Orlando, FL • 407-480-3409