One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment isn’t just about selling miles of stainless steel, we also like spreading the restaurant business knowledge One Fat Frog Restaurant Equipment acquires. One of the most important things to keep your eyes on when managing your restaurant is being thorough when food orders arrive, as well as practicing precise receiving inspections.
Here are some tips for battening down the hatches when it comes to receiving food orders:
• Three important things to note when preparing a food order are product type, quantity, and price. This is your purchase order!
• When products are delivered, count them! Then verify that the counts are in order and match what is recorded on the purchase and the invoice.
• If products are purchased by weight, weigh them and compare to what’s on the invoice. Make sure you’re not getting ripped off and paying for packaging or ice.
• Go over your received products closely and examine for quality, condition, and consistency with your restaurant’s standards.
• Make sure that the prices you were charged correspond with what’s on the purchase order.
• If anything seems fishy (that’s not actual fish), let the driver know immediately. If any changes are made to the order up immediately, note so on the invoice.
• Be sure to be on friendly terms with your drivers. These are the dudes handling your product! Offer them a drink or a small meal. These are the unsung heroes of the restaurant business!
One Fat Frog • 2416 Sand Lake Rd. • Orlando, FL • 407-480-3409