A well-engineered hood system can save 30 percent to 40 percent more energy than standard models. Here’s some easy tips to improve kitchen ventilation in your restaurant.
• Install side panels to filter air upward into the hood.
• Increase the front overhang of the hood.
• Push equipment as far back against a wall as possible to cut down on open air space.
• Choose a model with energy-efficient elements inside the hood cavity, such as jets, edges, aerodynamic designs and other features that will assist in containing and capturing the cooking plume and grease.
• Investigate new technologies, such as water-wash systems that help clean grease before it enters the hood.
One Fat Frog • 11473 S. Orange Blossom Trail • Orlando, FL • 407-480-3409